Swanson Reed is Brisbane’s largest specialist R&D tax and innovation advisory firm. We service a diverse range of clients from technology startups to billion dollar Government Owned Corporations in the commercial aspects of research, development, management and technology transfer.
An exciting opportunity exists to utilise your writing, editing and proofreading skills on a full range of technical documents. Your responsibilities will include:
- Interview technical and engineering personnel.
- Read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Assist in laying out material for publication.
- Analyse developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
- Utilise an established outline and source material to finalize documents and make the report flow correctly with the raw data and results from engineers.
- You will also be expected to take a raw copy of a document, format, and organise the document. Reports can include global practice newsletters, client reports, technical/white papers, speeches, presentations and business documents.
- Communicate edited changes to engineers and managers.
- Work with many similar writers and the chief editor in a team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or diploma in Business Writing, Journalism or Science.
- Sound knowledge of R&D Tax Incentive legislation.
- Must have 6 months + experience working at a reputable firm providing R&D Tax Advisory (applicants with no R&D Tax Experience will not be considered)
A self-starter with an inquisitive mind who demonstrates a committed and flexible approach complemented by exceptional relationship management skills will excel in this role.