Brisbane’s largest specialist R&D tax advisory firm is looking for a motivated technical writer who will be responsible for:
- Developing technical plans for confidential, state-of-the-art technologies
- Writing, editing, and proofreading a range of technical documents and R&D plans
- Liaising with private, ASX-listed, and government-owned companies.
This is your chance to be part of a technology-focused and fast-paced organisation.
Swanson Reed is Brisbane’s largest specialist R&D tax advisory firm. We are a fun and youthful team that services a diverse range of clients from technology start-ups to billion dollar ASX listed and Government Owned Corporations in the commercial aspects of research, development, management and technology transfer.
An exciting opportunity exists to use your excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills on a full range of technical documents. Your responsibilities will include:
- Interview technical and engineering personnel
- Read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail
- Assist in laying out material for publication
- Analyse developments in specific fields to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material
- Use an established outline and source material to finalise documents and make the report flow correctly with the raw data and results from engineers
- You will also be expected to take a raw copy of a document, format, and organise the document. Reports can include global-practice newsletters, client reports, technical/white papers, speeches, presentations, and business documents
- Communicate edited changes to engineers and managers
- Work cohesively with other writers and the chief editor in a team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or diploma in Business Writing, Journalism or Science, or suitable experience in the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including appropriate phone manner
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage short and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with clients.
A results-focused self-starter with an inquisitive mind who demonstrates a committed and flexible approach complemented by exceptional relationship management skills will excel in this role.