For Accountants

Payment to Associates

March 16th, 2014

R&D entities are only eligible for a R&D Tax offset for R&D expenditure incurred by an associate entity if the expenditure has been paid during the claim period. If you incur an amount of expenditure to an associate and you pay the amount in the same year, you can include this amount when working out your R&D tax offset in that year (if you meet all other eligibility requirements for the R&D tax incentive). Paying an amount to an associate […]

Read More

Substituted Accounting Period

March 13th, 2014

The R&D tax incentive applies to income years beginning on or after 1 July 2011. If your 2012 tax return is for a substituted accounting period beginning before 1 July 2011, you are unable to claim the R&D tax incentive in your 2012 tax return; however, if you have conducted R&D activities and meet the eligibility requirements for the R&D tax concession, you can claim the R&D tax concession for that year. The answers to these frequently asked questions help […]

Read More



Email this job