June 21st, 2022
The QLD government has announced that round 9 of the Ignite Ideas funding is available to commercialise highly innovative and new products or services that are at minimum viable product stage or beyond.
The Ignite Ideas Fund is designed to support Queensland based small to medium businesses that have high-growth potential to undertake commercialisation projects that will:
- Strengthen key industries in Queensland.
- Diversify the Queensland economy.
- Compete in domestic and global markets.
- Engage and/or benefit regional Queensland.
- Create new jobs, now and into the future.
The funding is structured in two tiers:
- Tier 1 – Up to $100,000 (excluding GST) for projects of up to 12 months duration;
- Tier 2 – Greater than $100,000 and up to $200,000 (excluding GST) for projects of up to 24 months duration.
To be eligible for funding, applicant organisations must at the time of application:
- Be a business headquartered in Queensland.
- Have no more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees.
- Not be a subsidiary of a group of companies that has more than 50 full-time-equivalent employees.
- Not have received funding for the proposed project activity from either the State, Federal or Local government.
- Be registered for GST (at time of full application submission).
Expression of interest applications will close at 10.00 am (AEST) on Thursday 7 July 2022.
You can access more information regarding R&D and funding opportunities by visiting our website.