June 14th, 2021
AusIndustry have changed their reporting processes whereby they are mandating the use of a new online form for FY21 onwards.
As part of this, directors of companies using R&D tax advisors to register activities must set up a MyGovID account (or use an existing MyGovID) and link this MyGovID to their R&D-registering company, then link to their R&D tax advisor.
Instructions for this process to link Swanson Reed to your company are as follows:
- Step One: Ensure that the R&D-registering company’s principal individual authority (usually the company director of the R&D entity) has set up a personal MyGovID profile: which requires:
- a smart device;
- an email address;
- verification documents (may include driver license, passport, birth certificate or Medicare card).
- Step Two: Link the principal individual authority’s MyGovID account to the R&D-registering company:
- phone 1300 287 539 and select option 3;
- you will need to provide personal details to complete a proof of identity check;
- checks will be completed to confirm your association to the business;
- once confirmed, you will receive an email with an authorisation code and summary of the authorisation request.
- Step Three: Link Swanson Reed to the R&D-registering company:
- Log in to the R&D Tax Incentive Customer Portal using the principal individual authority’s MyGovID account;
- Click the ‘Manage access’ option on the ‘Manage your applications’ dashboard;
- Click ‘Add new authorisation’ on the ‘Manage access’ screen, under the ‘Business authorisations’ heading;
- Enter the ABN for Swanson Reed (SR Tax Services Pty Ltd: ABN: 72 137 072 701);
- Select ‘Tax professional’ as the relationship;
- Enter the start date as of today, and the end date to be some time in the future after your estimated period of R&D claims (eg 30 June 2023);
- Click ‘Add authorisation’.
Please contact us if you have you any questions.